RESURRECTION LUTHERAN SCHOOL BOARD
Mission Statement: To provide guidance, both spiritual and secular, to the staff of the Resurrection Lutheran School and Child Care by assisting them in carrying out ministry to young children on behalf of Resurrection Lutheran Church.
2018-2019 School Board Members
School Board President – Rohan Williams
School Board Vice President – Amy Castagnola
School Board Recording Secretary – Shari DuSold
School Board Treasurer – Feleasha Sherfy
Child Care Representative – Mary Wahlstrom
Member at Large: Church Member – Christy Elliott
Member at Large: Church Member – Susan Deck
Member at Large: Church Member & Parent – Balsa Terzic
ROLE & FUNCTION OF THE SCHOOL BOARD
- Develop policies that will guide and direct the administration in the daily management and operation of the school and child care program.
- Prepare and present to the congregation long and short range goals for the school and child care program.
- Be responsible, according to provisions made by the congregation, for the calling or engaging the administrator, faculty and staff to ensure a quality program, Lutheran distinctiveness, and the achievement of the school and child care’s stated purpose.
- Assist the administrator and staff in providing a program that meets state requirements and is in line with current trends and research in education.
- Assist the administrator and staff in providing a program that fulfills the purpose of the school and child care program.
- Work with, support, and supervise the administrator who is responsible for the daily management of all aspects of the school and child care program.
- Conduct a yearly evaluation of the administrator.
- Prepare and annually review the job descriptions for the staff.
- Be responsible, according to the provisions of the congregation, for the funding and financial management of the school and child care program.
- Provide for the promotion of the school and child care program and help keep its focus related to its purpose and the congregation’s mission.
- Carry out such other responsibilities and tasks as may be assigned to the board by the congregation.