This Prayer List insert in the Bulletin is provided to encourage members of Resurrection to keep these special people in your prayers during the week. Please take this list home and remember the needs of others in your daily prayers.
Almighty, everlasting God, the eternal salvation of all who believe, hear my prayer for all who are sick, for whom we implore the aid of Your mercy. Graciously heal their bodies and refresh their souls with Your comfort, and grant to them Your Spirit; especially we lift up to Your gracious care…
Ask the individual what their prayer request is. PROCEDURE FOR ADDING NAMES TO THE PRAYER LIST Resurrection Lutheran Church is a praying community of faithful followers of Jesus, who invites us to come to Him with our prayer requests. We believe the promises of God contained in His Word regarding prayer! If you have an individual or concern you would like added to this list, please: Talk with person and get their permission (in some instances we know that this may not be possible)
- Call the Church Office at 757-596-5808 or add the name to the Prayer Request Book located in the Church Lobby area.
- PLEASE call or E-mail the Church Office with updates, new requests and deletions. Be sure to share with us how God has answered prayers in your life.
- Unless notified with more information, names added to the Prayer List will be automatically taken off the List after three weeks of publication.
PRAYER BOOK . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . December 8th, 2019
PRAYERS FOR THOSE BATTLING CANCER: Balša Michael Carol Curtis Sue Laura Shirley Rebecca Vic Roy Kenneth Mary Bill Kathy Richard Alfreda Tim Cindy Patty Barbara Sawyer Frieda PRAYERS FOR THOSE IN THE HOSPITAL & OTHER FACILITIES: Lani Spencer Mary PRAYERS FOR THOSE RECOVERING FROM SURGERY & OTHER PROCEDURES: Belynda Verne Gary Molly PRAYERS FOR THOSE WITH HEALTH OR SPIRITUAL CONCERNS AND/OR JOYS: Ann Charlotte Carole Rich Don Gloria Janett David Ruth Hilde Jane Feleasha Betty James Bonnie Hal Greg Paul Carroll Tommy Sabina Coby Prayers for our homebound & ill members, that God would grant them His peace, His comfort and care, and the assurance of His love, as we remember Jo and Betty Prayers for the leadership of our Synod & District, for Matthew, our Synod President, and all of our Synodical VPs and Board Chairs; for John, our SED President, and the BofD, and all SED leaders; for our Circuit Visitors; and all pastors and church workers – that God would sustain and guide them as they lead us into God’s future for His people Prayers for all professional church workers, especially all missionaries and Bible translators, and Resurrection’s missionary families: Mike & Heather Miller with Wycliffe Bible Translators; and Maggie McNeely, a Cru leader at CNU Prayers for the millions impacted by recent floods, earthquakes, wildfires, droughts, heat waves, tornadoes & hurricanes especially in South Asia, East Africa, the Bahamas, TX, LA & in Ocracoke NC Prayers for all those who mourn, especially… · Mary & family on the passing of her brother Bill on Nov. 27th after a lengthy illness
· The families & friends of those who died in recent months directly or indirectly from natural disasters in the U.S. and around the globe – the Bahamas, South Asia, and many other places
· The loved ones of victims of murder, now reaching a “new normal” status in our own community
· The families & friends of random victims of ongoing terrorist violence in countries across the world and now quite often in the U.S.
Prayers for the homeless, the unemployed and the under-employed, that the Lord would open many doors of opportunity – with special prayers for our city’s traveling PORT ministry FOR THOSE CELEBRATING SPECIAL DAYS: Birthdays: Alison Brian Noah Gretchen Amy Karen Michelle Baptismal Birthdays: Reanne Inge Anniversaries: Rudy & Mary PRAYERS FOR THOSE SERVING IN THE MILITARY AND THEIR FAMILIES, for God’s protection, His help and guidance of our men & women in uniform, as they carry out their important work of service to our country.