Resurrection Lutheran School and Child Care (Before and After School Care) offers quality care and developmental learning experiences in a Christian environment. Currently we offer preschool classes for children ages 2 ½ to three, 4-year-old preschool, 5-year-old kindergarten (all day classes) along with Before and After School Care. Our center opens at 6:00 a.m. and closes at 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The early school years are an extremely important part of every child’s development. During the early years of school, children need stimulating environments and activities that nurture their intellectual and physical developments. They also need supportive experiences and caring environments that nourish their social and emotional developments. By addressing their developmental needs through appropriate activities and learning experiences, young children flourish.
Most importantly, a young child needs to experience God’s love. Resurrection Lutheran School and Child Care Center is a Christian school and child care center where children experience God’s love through daily interactions. In addition to experiencing God’s love, children learn about His Son, Jesus Christ, through age appropriate stories, songs, prayers, and worship activities.
Resurrection Lutheran School and Child Care assists each child in fulfilling his/her developmental potential through a wide variety of learning experiences. In a Christian environment, with caring and supportive staff, children explore, experiment, participate, and engage in learning activities.
GOALS OF OUR CHILD CARE CENTER
- To provide opportunities for faith development — learning about Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior through formal instruction and informal experiences.
- To provide guidelines as the child becomes less self-centered and moves towards social interaction – participating in small and large group activities.
- To provide opportunities and activities to support the child’s healthy self-concept – accepting him/herself, accepting his/her limitations, and identifying his/her God-given talents.
- To provide experiences and activities for physical development – utilizing large and small motor activities.
- To provide opportunities for family faith development – participating in special enrichments events, fellowship, and worship activities.
Contact Mrs. Melanie Mesick, Director, 757-596-5808 for more information or to request an enrollment form.